Links to Other Quality Related Sites
19 November 2008
Transitioning to ISO 9001:2008
Richard J. Gillis, QMS Solutions, LLC
- Richard J. Gillis is a certified ISO 9001 and AS 9100 quality management system consultant, trainer and a RABQSA accredited lead auditor. He is the President of QMS Solutions LLC, a company that provides clients with the methodology and training to achieve ISO 9001 or AS 9100 registration. To date, he has taken over 40 companies through to be successfully registered to one or both of these standards.
- He received his Bachelors Degree in Mechanical Engineering from Villanova University and studied towards his Masters in Business Administration at the University of Delaware. He is member of the American Society for Quality and the Northern Virginia Technology Council. He is a resource consultant and lecturer on quality management at George Mason University and a trainer for BSI Management Systems. He is frequently invited to make presentations on ISO Standards to companies, government agencies and trade associations.
Transitioning to ISO 9001:2008
- ISO 9001:2008 has been ratified by all 62 member countries and will be published this month. Compared to the year 2000 revision, ISO 9001:2008 is considered to be an amendment rather than a thorough revision to ISO 9001:2000.
- ISO 9001:2008 introduces clarifications to the existing requirements in ISO 9001:2000, based on user experience over the last eight years. Of most importance to organizations certified to ISO 9001:2000 is that the 2008 amendment does not introduce additional requirements, nor does it change the intent of the ISO 9001:2000 standard.
- Topics of the presentation include: Reason and Scope of the Amendment, User Feedback as a Source for Amendment, Review of Key Changes and Transitioning to ISO 9001:2008
Email email@example.com by
Monday 17 November 2008
to register for this dinner meeting and presentation. Cost for dinner is $25.00 per person. There is no charge to attend for the presentation only. But, if your plans change, please contact
firstname.lastname@example.org, and let us know.
- 5:30pm - 6:30pm Monthly Board Meeting
- 6:30pm - 7:00pm Registration & Networking
- 7:00pm - 8:00pm Dinner
- 8:00pm - 9:00pm Section Business & Presentation
Meetings are open to all members as well as to the public.
Next Meeting: Wednesday, 17 December 2008 - Amphora, Herndon, VA
If you attend ASQ Section 0511 monthly dinner meetings and pay for three dinners, then your fourth dinner at one of our meetings is free!!!
The section will cancel its events due to weather-related events if Fairfax County Public Schools are closed for the day or after school events are canceled. You can check their website for current notices.
Call for Speakers!!!
Would you or someone you know like to speak at a future ASQ meeting? We're always looking for volunteers. Be creative! Exercise your public presentation skills! Earn recertification credits! Get a free dinner! Please contact
2000 - 2008 ©ASQ Section 0511;
Maintained by Jeffrey M. Parnes