Links to Other Quality Related Sites
Wednesday, 19 August 2009
ASQ Learning Institute
Robert Watters, ASQ Learning Institute - Director
- In October 2005, the need to create a unified vision for how the Society carries out its education and training emerged from a Member Leader Summit. The previous system, where HQ, sections, divisions, and forums all operated independently, lacked standardization and failed to maximize ASQ’s talents and capabilities. As a result, the ASQ Learning Institute was developed and approved by the ASQ Board of Directors.
- It was determined that ASQ would start with a clean slate and develop a vision and long view for its training and education efforts. It needed to be modern, something responsive to the needs of customers and members, and something that makes the best use of ASQ’s tremendous talents and capabilities.
- Robert Watters, ASQ Learning Institute- Director is responsible for the continued development and implementation of the ASQ Learning Institute™ in the Society. Previously, as senior manager of learning offerings, he was instrumental in the implementation of the ASQ Learning Institute.
- Prior to ASQ, he worked as the Executive Director responsible for training and development for the Crisis Prevention Institute. In this role, he had the opportunity to work on international assignments, training third-party organizations in the United Kingdom, Australia, New Zealand, and Japan in effective crisis prevention and intervention strategies.
- He has earned a bachelor’s degree from Western Illinois University and a master’s degree in training and performance improvement from Capella University.
- ASQ Learning Institute Overview
- Understand why the ASQ Learning Institute was created
- Understand the ASQ Learning Institute mission
- Be aware of the key features and benefits to all stakeholders
- ASQ Learning Technology
- Understand how the learning technology can benefit individual members and be used for your Member Unit’s purposes
- How to Participate in the ASQ Learning Institute
- Learn the process for your member unit to participate in the ASQ Learning Institute
Email email@example.com by
Friday 14 August
to register for this dinner meeting and presentation. Cost for dinner is $25.00 per person if reservations are made by deadline, $30 if otherwise. There is no charge to attend for the presentation only. But, if your plans change, please contact
firstname.lastname@example.org, and let us know.
- 5:30pm - 6:30pm Monthly Board Meeting
- 6:30pm - 7:00pm Registration & Networking
- 7:00pm - 8:00pm Dinner
- 8:00pm - 9:00pm Section Business & Presentation
Meetings are open to all members as well as to the public.
Next Meeting: Wednesday, 16 September 2009 - Amphora, Herndon, VA
If you attend ASQ Section 0511 monthly dinner meetings and pay for three dinners, then your fourth dinner at one of our meetings is free!!!
Call for Speakers!!!
Would you or someone you know like to speak at a future ASQ meeting? We're always looking for volunteers. Be creative! Exercise your public presentation skills! Earn recertification credits! Get a free dinner! Please contact
2000 - 2009 ©ASQ Section 0511;
Maintained by Jeffrey M. Parnes