Special Interest Groups
Links to Other Quality Related Sites
Wednesday, 20 January 2010
Future of Quality
Paul E. Borawski, CAE, Executive Director and Chief Strategic Officer
ASQ Headquarters Executive Staff
- Paul E. Borawski joined ASQ in 1986 as director of programs and technical services and was appointed executive director in 1988. In 2003 the board of directors acknowledged his increased responsibilities to lead the association in new directions by naming him chief strategic officer.
- He leads the organization to attain its vision. He provides for the ongoing exploration of ASQ’s Living Strategy and assures the alignment of the organization’s resources with the strategies and goals established by ASQ’s board.
- Paul is particularly focused on ASQ’s community strategy and talent management and development.
- He guides and oversees ASQ Global business developments.
- Paul was named one of Quality Digest’s Most Influential People in Quality. In 2006, he received the European Organization for Quality’s International George Borel Medal, and in 2008, he received the Council of Engineering and Scientific Society Executives (CESSE) Leadership Award.
- Paul serves on the Better Business Bureau Foundation Board and is actively involved with the Conference Board.
- Paul has done post-graduate work in business management at Eastern Michigan University, the University of Michigan, and Harvard University. Borawski is a Certified Association Executive (CAE).
Paul will break down ASQ’s Future of Quality Study (conducted in 2008), and the key forces that will affect quality and the world in years to come. The presentation is broken down in chapters. He will discuss the methods used to create the study and the seven Key Forces affecting Quality identified by the participants.
- Key Force 1: Globalization
- Key Force 2: Social Responsibility
- Key Force 3: New Dimension for Quality
- Key Force 4: Aging Population
- Key Force 5: Healthcare
- Key Force 6: Environmental Concerns
- Key Force 7: 21st Century Technology
Email email@example.com by
Friday 15 January 2010
to register for this dinner meeting and presentation. Cost for dinner is $25.00 per person if reservations are made by deadline, $30 if otherwise. There is no charge to attend for the presentation only. But, if your plans change, please contact
firstname.lastname@example.org, and let us know.
- 5:30pm - 6:30pm Monthly Board Meeting
- 6:30pm - 7:00pm Registration & Networking
- 7:00pm - 8:00pm Dinner
- 8:00pm - 9:00pm Section Business & Presentation
Meetings are open to all members as well as to the public.
Wednesday, 17 February 2010 - Amphora, Herndon, VA
If you attend ASQ Section 0511 monthly dinner meetings and pay for three dinners, then your fourth dinner at one of our meetings is free!!!
Call for Speakers!!!
Would you or someone you know like to speak at a future ASQ meeting? We're always looking for volunteers. Be creative! Exercise your public presentation skills! Earn recertification credits! Get a free dinner! Please contact
©ASQ Section 0511;
Maintained by Jeffrey M. Parnes