ASQC Section 0511
Executive Board Minutes - 2 January 1997
- Harvey Shaw
- Dallas Frederick
- Walter Mendez
- Henry Kling
- Linda Lassiter
- Bill Casti
- David Kae
- Gail Symons
- David Kae
- Roger Semplak
Reading of Minutes: Minutes of 5 December 1996 Executive Board
meeting were read and approved as amended.
Beginning Balance: $25,797.05
Ending Balance: $26,577.45
- Programs: The March program will be presented by Dallas Frederick
on the three elements of data.
- Historian: Nothing to report
- ISO 9000: The next meeting will be held on 14 January
- Electronic Media: Statistics on the web page were provided.
Assistance is needed on the phone book, Linda Lassiter volunteered
to assist Bill Casti with this.
- Education: Have income to deposit with the Treasurer. A special
flyer will be sent out the week of 6 January outlining events
for the next several months. These include workshops in strategic
planning, measuring, ISO 9000 and Team Dynamics. Certification
courses will be offered late in January for CMQ/CSQE and late
in March for CQA/CQE. Information will be available on the hotline
- Membership: Information gathered on membership of all sections
in Area five in order to pro rate the cost of the regional director.
- Exams: 19 people took the last exam. About 20 journals have
been submitted for re-certification.
- Stationery and calling cards are available for distribution
to Executive Board members.
- The Community Quality Council is now a joint project between
Mark Jones and Pat McMahon. David Kae made a presentation on the
Greater Dulles Area Community Quality Council which is being developed
in keeping with guidelines provided by ASQC headquarters and liaison
with established Councils. Dallas Frederick moved the board appropriate
up to $2000.00 for travel, lodging, expenses and appropriate materials
to send members of the council to Madison, WI to observe and learn
from their highly successful effort. The motion was seconded and
- Henry Kling moved that the Science Fair awards of $50 gift
certificates be doubled from three to six. The motion was seconded
- The strategic plan has been deferred to next month.
- Bill Casti's nomination for Regional Director, Region Five,
has been submitted to National Headquarters.
- If any Executive Board member will not be continuing on the
board, they are to notify Harvey Shaw prior to March to facilitate
the nomination process.
- A Zip Code directory update for National Headquarters was
passed to Henry Kling for action
- The Electronic Media Chair has also assumed the duties of
On-line//Database Chair, a position established by National Headquarters.
- There were no additional new items
Meeting Close: Motion to adjourn seconded and approved. Meeting
closed at 8:00 p.m. Next ASQC 0511 Executive Board meeting is
scheduled for 6 February 1997.