Mark Jones, Student Liaison (703) 620-8267
David Kae, Education (703) 620-8071
Catherine Brooks, Professional Liaison (703) 742-6160
Henry Kling, Membership (703) 360-9134
Walter Mendus, Historian (703) 354-5932
Dallas Frederick, Programs (703) 750-4273
Roger Semplak, Treasurer (703) 491-8227
Roger Schaffer, Examinations (703) 892-2740
Harvey Shaw, Chair (703) 769-3877
1. February 1997 minutes were approved as written.
2. Treasurer's Report:
January 1997 Beginning balance: $26,577.45 Receipts & deposits: 5,175.12 Expenditures: 3,278.39 Ending Balance: $28,474.18*********************************************************************
February 1997 Beginning balance: $28,474.18 Receipts & deposits: 2,087.20 Expenditures: 1,274.80 Ending Balance: $29,286.58
3. Committee Reports:
Catherine Brooks, Professional Liaison talked about her committee
(CQC) attending the Richmond, VA Forum for Excellence on 22 April
1997 (The Virginia U.S. Senate Productivity and Quality Award).
A motion was made to spend $500.00 for mailing out the preprinted
Forum brochure to ASQC 0511 members. The motion was seconded
4. A motion was put before the Board to have the Board pay
up to and not to exceed $1,000.00 for the Chair to attend the
AQC in Orlando 5-7 May 1997. The rationale behind the motion
was that CQC would not be going and it was recommended that if
approved, the Chair would attend as many of the sessions as possible
for CQC at ACQ. Further discussion on this motion deemed that
this would in NO WAY set any type of precedence for future Congress
attendance costs. The motions was seconded and carried.
5. David Kae, Education reported that they had conducted two
work shops 30/26 personnel attended respectively and they were
very successful. The Education Committee will commence advertising
on E:mail concerning the certification courses, CQA, CQE, etc.
Also, AQP will start publicizing in their newsletters - our courses.
6. Henry Kling, Membership has compared zip codes with area
map and has sent it to ASQC Headquarters. Section 0511 has a
designated boundary area as posted in the original charter of
7. Roger Schaffer, Examinations - reported on certification exams on 1 March 1997:
30 personnel registered for exams
12 people participated in the CQSE exam
8 people participated in the CQM exam
2 people participated in the CRE exam
8. A motion was made to spend up to $300.00 for trinkets to pass out at various functions for our members/Board members. The motion was seconded and carried.
Catherine Brooks as the lead on this project and to report
back to the Executive Board.
9. Dallas Frederick, Programs - reported that Jack West will
be the speaker at the March 19th dinner meeting -"Change
and Its Impact on Quality Profession".
10. The Work Technical Congress for 1998 contacted the Chair/ex-Director
of 0511 to be a supporter. There will be a possibility to have
a booth for 0511 at this function. Further information to follow.
11. A motion was made to expend money to buy a static display
for Section 0511 for events outside. Catherine Brooks has the
lead on this project. She will report back to the Executive Board
on costs and length of time to have it delivered. A prime reason
for buying this display is to have it for the Virginia Quality
Award Form in Richmond on the 22nd of April 1997. The motion
was seconded and carried.
12. Newsletter is ready for distribution. Section 0511
had a Canadian firm place an ad in our latest newsletter ($60.00).
13. Strategic Plan for the Section is still on hold. The
present Chair-Elect has not shown at any of the meetings (his
responsibility to formulate and institute the Strategic Plan within
the Board) - therefore it is on hold.
14. Section 0511 has FAILED to meet ASQC Headquarters requirements
of submitting our 1997/1998 Board members - due to Headquarters
on 1 March 1997. Therefore, if anyone wants to run for Chair-Elect
against Norm Hills - they will have until the 15th of March to submit
a hard copy of a resume to Catherine Brooks so she can put
out a ballot again this year to all members. This date was proposed
by the Board members and approved by all. C. Brooks has the task
to get the ballots out and find a teller for the run-off. All
ballots will be required back by 15 April 1997 and results ready
for the May dinner meeting.
15. Sal Sciccitani of the Phily Section was elected as Region
5 Regional Director.
16. The meeting adjourned at 8:50 p.m. - next Executive Board meeting will be held on
3 April 1997 at the Double Tree Hotel, off Route 7 in Tysons